Our Home

Our Home

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Windy

Monday was just an ordinary day at work, nothing real exciting was happening. I went about my normal routine and waited for five o’clock.

After work Sarah and I went to Hy-Vee so I could get the lottery tickets for the week. I collect money from fellow employees for lottery tickets and then buy them after work. We have been doing this, usually 15-20 people buying, for approximately four years. We have not won anything of substance; I believe the most we have ever won is $100. So it is not a very profitable undertaking.

We also stopped by the apartment and picked up our mail and a couple of odds and ends. Nothing exciting in the mail, I have toyed with the idea of renting a PO Box in town here but decided not to if we are going to use a forwarding service. I want to keep the apartment address until we turn it over to the landlord.

We still have items left in the apartment that we do not know what to do with. The camper is just about full so I don’t believe we will be bringing much more to the camper. Sarah still has some drawers to go through and I have some papers to shred, I hope the shredded will keep working until we are done with all of it.

We received a call from Merlin, he bought the F350, saying he was ready to pick up the truck. I told we would be home about six. When I got home I started the truck, it fired off right away, and checked the lights etc. I didn’t want any of the lights to be burned out on it. Merlin arrived at six and looked the truck over; he seemed please with his purchase, one he made from pictures only. After signing the title and bill of sale he and his wife took off. I hope he has a lot of year’s usage from the truck; we enjoyed having it and pulling the Travel Supreme with it. It is a good truck; we never had a problem with it. I know Merlin will enjoy it.

I watched the NCAA Championship game, it was a good game. Butler did a better job than I believe a lot of people thought they would. You do a lot of “what ifs” and see where Butler could have won but all in all it was a great game and both teams are to be congratulated in the way they played and the sportsmanship they exhibited.

I went to bed after the game. I woke up to rain hitting the roof and the sound of some wind and went right back to sleep. This morning Sarah said it was really windy and she woke up early. One of the ladies I work with asked me if I heard the wind last night, she lives on the east side of Des Moines. I heard that Altoona, we are on the NW side of Altoona, had 70 mph winds during the night. I guess I slept right through the worse of it.

When I was walking down the hall today I noticed one shoe was untied. I have noticed laces being untied on other occasions also. I don’t know what has changed in the manufacturing of shoe laces but until the last couple of years I could go months without a shoe lace coming untied. I looked under my desk there was no one or thing there to untie my shoe so I am at a loss as to why they keep coming untied.

Well that is all for now. Keep your dreams alive for Dreams Do Come True

No comments: