Our Home

Our Home

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Not Much Happening

This week has gone by rather quickly. I believe Andy Rooney, of the “60 Minutes” show, was talking about planning future events and how time seems to go by quicker because of the anticipation of the event(s). I believe this to be true since that is what happens to me. I spent an uneventful week at work, not much of interest going on there.

Monday night we went to the local DirecTV store in Ankeny and visited with them about getting the satellite hooked up and working. We talked with Sean and though he was very helpful he was very encouraging, mostly because they had never hooked up a dish in a fifth wheel. I told him I do not want any holes drilled or wires run. The company ran a wire from the dish to the entertainment center; actually there is a splitter somewhere in the roof sending a cable to the bedroom also. However, if I understand correctly, for the bedroom TV to receive the satellite signal a wire has to come from the dish directly, so that TV may have to stay on the antennae only. That’s not all bad we mostly watch the news on it or Sarah watches her network shows on it. The installer is to come out tomorrow, Friday, so we will see what he can do.

Tuesday was another day spent at the apartment trying to get the remaining stuff out of there. We don’t have a lot but we need to see if the kids want any of it or do we dispose of it in the dumpster.

Wednesday night we met another couple for dinner at a Mexican restaurant, they have very good food. I don’t remember the name but it is one of just a few in my opinion where you can get good Mexican food here in this area. We get together with Russ and Candi each month; I worked with Russ when I was at Ruan. He has developed a BBQ sauce that is very good and has it in the local Hy-Vee stores. You can also buy it on the internet at http://www.russandfranks.com/. I plan on carrying a couple extra jars with me when we begin our travels and if anyone wants to buy some I will have them to sell.

Tonight we went to the apartment again; hopefully we will have the place cleaned out by Saturday. We have a couple of desk chairs I am putting on Craigslist to see if we can sell them. I plan on being at the apartment on Saturday morning and I will set a time to come see the chairs and buy them if they wish. We have several bags of clothes I am going to take to St Mary of Nazareth church Saturday morning to put in the St Vincent de Paul truck. It seems the roof of the St Vincent de Paul building leaked this past winter and they lost a lot of things. So we are going to give the clothes we were going to give to Goodwill to them.

While we were at the apartment Norma, a friend Sarah works with, came over with her triplet grandchildren, two boys and a girl, Callie, Reece and Zane. Good kids, we really enjoyed seeing them. They were hoping we would be able to go to their birthday party this year but we will be out of town with the camper so we won't make it to their party.

We were able to get rid of somemore stuff, I took five bags of trash out to the dumpster and I believe we have a few more bags that will be filled and tossed into the garbage.

We worked until six thirty and then headed for Hy-Vee, they had rib dinners for six dollars, they were very good. We came home and crashed. I will be very glad when we get rid of the apartment.

I have decided I am going to give up my books in favor of an ebook reader. Sarah has said she wants an IPad, we'll have to go look at those.

My goal this weekend is to reduce some of the clutter we have in the camper and get better organized. I have to get my printer working wirelessly and then sit back and enjoy.

Dreams Do Come True.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the new look to your blog. Looks like things are moving along for you.