Our Home

Our Home

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 31, 2010

March is going out like a lamb. It was a beautiful day here today, 84 degrees, partlly cloudy skies and no wind. I had a busy day or maybe it wasn't that busy.
I took Sarah to work then I went to the chiroparactor, he seemed to help my doesn't hurt quite as much tonight. Or maybe it is the whiskey I am drinking tonight. Actually it is for the thought of haveing to go back to work tomorrow.

I reserved a truck for the 9th to take furniture to Omaha, picked up the boxes needed to pack Sarah's china and my pictures. We almost have everything out of the apartment that we want to put in the camper. It's a good thing too, because we are almost out of room.

I spent this morning doing some laundry in our washer and dryer. They aren't the heavy duty ones we had in the apartment but they do the job although they take twice as long. We had sticker shock the other day because we did laundry in the campground laundry and at $2.50 for a wash and $1.00 for a dryer. I do like the washer/dryer we have.

I sat down at the computer to enter all our receipts for the last couple weeks, it took me two hours to get it all done. I am going to have to keep that up to date better.

I took on rearranging the basement, the storage area of the camper, I had several boxes of books which I went through and eliminated some more books. I now have two boxes to take to the facility mom lives at in Centerville.

Now I have to get my mind back to the idea I have to go to work tomorrow.
We are enjoying the camper and can't wait until we retire to use it the way we want to use it.

Dreams Do Come True.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's been fun reading about your first days moving in. We are headed to the dealer tomorrow to pick ours up and bring it here to the state park in Palo. There really aren't any FHU parks in the Cedar Rapids area. We will start our slow move in this week. We don't have to be out of the condo until May 31 so have lots of time but we will be traveling in May so want to get it done sooner. We know there is much more purging to do and packing the things for my son who is still in college (he is in Norway studying now). I'll be keeping up on your progress. I'm sure the summer will fly by and we'll all be out on the road very soon.