Our Home

Our Home

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Good News

When we got home from Wisconsin Sarah was not feeling well so she stayed away from the little ones and spent a lot of time at the camper. Finally, on Thursday, I took her to Urgent Care and the doctor said she had bronchitis, so he gave her a prescription and as of now, she is feeling much better.

We have had a great time this past weekend with the grandkids and especially little Eli. Last Friday we went to the Vala’s Pumpkin Patch here in Gretna. This is a 156-acre farm raising corn and pumpkins. Over the past 26 years, they have made this into quite an operation. “Every year we look forward to one whirl-wind month when guests visit Vala’s to experience a spectacular Fall Festival. People love the caramel apples, the hayrack rides, and the Pigtucky Derby Pig Races. But it’s the memories and traditions that keep them coming back. We take great pride in our role as a wholesome family entertainment destination and we hope to continue growing and improving year after year.” The kids really enjoyed their visit but they were tired when they left for home.

Saturday Daniel and I picked up our bikes and took them out to the camper. I wanted to buy a cover for them but no bike store had any so I had to order online. I hope it will do the job I want.

Sunday we went to Daniel’s to see the kids and be there when Ernie and Shirley came over. Daniel needed a truck to get a fridge from Marie’s grandmother’s house, Ernie has a truck, and he brought it over so we could use it to get the fridge. Daniel rented an appliance dollie and we were able to get it over to Daniel’s without it falling out of the truck.

With Marie’s mom out of town, we helped Marie with the kids yesterday. Carl and Merilee stopped by on their way home from visiting daughter Amy’s in Mitchell, SD. Merilee held Eli the entire time they were here, Eli seemed to enjoy the moment.

Today we drove to Des Moines so Sarah could keep her doctor’s appointment for her foot. The orthopedic doctor said the foot was healing as expected and the worker comp doctor said has a nice retirement. She still has to be careful walking because if she turns her ankle she could break her foot again in the same place. Therefore, she will stick to walking on flat surfaces for a while yet. We visited with Cynthia, ran a couple errands, and had lunch with her.

Now we are getting ourselves ready to hit the road next Wednesday. I want to get my satellite radio set up in the truck on a semi permanent basis and get the Pressure Pro devices on the camper tires and the trucks tires also. These devices measure the air pressure in the tires and help prevent blowouts by warning you when the tire pressure changes. I tried to install them once before and could not get it done so I am going to take another stab at it this week. Other than getting the propane tanks topped off and water in the fresh water tank we should be ready to roll come next Wednesday. Until later, Dreams Do Come True.

No comments: