Our Home

Our Home

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Five to Go

It is March already, although when we first moved into the apartment I didn’t think March would ever get here, but here we are. I didn’t need the calendar to tell me because the girl’s High School basketball tournaments are this week and I can see all the cars parked for the games and we have had SNOW. The weather people called for one to two inches and we received over ten inches, so much for their computer models.

Well, it has been awhile since I wrote so here goes with the update.

Sarah is doing GREAT, she has some tingling and numbness in her fingers and toes so the doctor has been adjusting the dosage each time and she has less tingling so that is a blessing for her. Her attitude is still great but she can’t wait for this all to be in the past.

Monday, February 11, we went out to eat with Russ and Candi, one of our favorite places Smokey D’s. If you like BBQ and you are in Des Moines or just passing through, they are at the 2nd Ave exit on I80-35, great food and plenty of it.

Wednesday, February 13, we went out to eat with Mike and Shari to the buffet at Prairie Meadows. Of course I had to play the slots for a few minutes, didn’t win anything. If any of you see my Facebook page, you will see I have taken up playing slots on the computer, doesn’t cost me anything. My brother Larry got me going on these games, some are fun others not so much. I will play until I have no more credits and then wait for someone to send me credits or the game gives me free credits. Now I suppose there are a lot of people who pay money for the credits, they are constantly asking you to buy credits, but I guess I’m not into it that much. Actually, I can’t see where it is to my advantage to buy them, it doesn’t make sense, but someone must be paying for credits or they wouldn’t be asking for them.

Sunday, February 17, we went to Orren and Norma’s, we took a couple of Papa Murphy’s pizzas and had lunch with them. Orren has been recovering from a bad case of pneumonia but seems to be getting better daily, it will take some time for him to get his strength back. We are planning to go over again tomorrow afternoon to see them. Norma is putting together a thousand piece jigsaw puzzle, I think she started it in 1982, not really but the pieces are too small for me, I won’t touch it.

I have been getting two to three days work in at Enterprise, it is not much but enough for me. As I have said before the work isn’t hard, where else can I get paid for driving a car from point A to point B, or better still ride one way and read a book the whole time. There have been a couple of times where it has been a bit stressful the past couple of weeks due to the snow and the idiot drivers out there. According to the state of Iowa you aren’t suppose to be texting while driving. Ask me how that is working. It AIN’T. I had someone the other day just about get me because they weren’t paying attention to their driving. Then you get the ejit sitting at the stop light and it turns green, do they go, NO, they are sitting there catching up on the texts or emails.

Next week the boy’s are in town for the state High School basketball tournament. Again, they are calling for snow on Monday and Tuesday. I will be happy when April arrives, not to say we can’t get snow in April, but it is less likely to happen. Besides we have plans to move the camper out of storage and into the campground on April 20, so hopefully all the cold weather and snow will be gone by then. I was going to take the camper to the dealer who winterized it and have them dewinterize it but I decided if there are any leaks I will deal with it instead of paying the dealer to tell me there are leaks and then charge me to fix them also. Anyway hopeful everything will be good. We have gone out to the camper a couple of times and it seems to be OK, I guess we will know when we move back into it.

I found a great way to get magazines without buying them. No, I don’t take them from the doctor’s office. I got a library card and get them from the library electronically on my IPad. I download most all of them, then go through them, and read what I want, with the IPad it is almost the same as having the magazine. The other thing I did, which I said I wouldn’t do, was sign up for Netflix, I watch movies and TV shows on the IPad, of course, you have to have a good WIFI connection, which we normally have. There have been two instances where Mediacom, the local cable/internet provider, screwed up the billing and payment for this apartment and we were without for a couple days, but when it is working, I love it. I am listening to satellite radio on my laptop as I am typing this.

I don’t know if we are going back to Mesa, AZ next winter or not. I have written Mikki, our boss at Cal-AM, but haven’t heard from her. I suppose I should call, I’ll try to do that next week. If we can go back and work, we will go back to Mesa, if we can’t work, we will most likely go to FL for a couple of months. Even though we have bought a townhouse, we probably won’t be there that much, because I still want to travel and see a few places in this great country while I still have the ability. The townhouse will be a good place to come back to especially if one of us gets sick or disabled.

I think I have said we are looking at the possibility of trading for a motor home, still looking but we haven’t found anything to our liking. Well that isn’t quite true I did find one but by the time I inquired about it the dealer had sold it. Oh well, if we are to have one we’ll find it.

That’s about it for now; hopefully I won’t wait so long to write again.

Dreams Do Come True

No comments: