Our Home

Our Home

Friday, June 20, 2014

Update 06/20/14




Today we received the rest of our furniture, now we have a complete home. We do have to figure out the best place to put the couch in the living room but I am sure Sarah will figure that out. We do love the house, it has no steps so there is no basement. It does get a bit unnerving with the number of tornados we have had the past few weeks but if it is going to get that bad we will go to our son Daniel’s, he just lives a couple miles from us.

I had some good luck this week and since I don’t believe in coincidences it had God’s hand in it. I had my prostate biopsy scheduled for next Wednesday and am scheduled to have a port put in my right chest next Tuesday. I wasn’t too keen on having back to back surgeries so I called the case manager for urology. I asked her if there were any cancellations could I get the biopsy done sooner, she said sure but there wasn’t any cancellations. This was last Tuesday morning, that afternoon she called and said there was a cancellation and did I want it. I said yes and so I had the biopsy done Wednesday afternoon, all went well and I am told we should have the results within a week.

So next week I get the Infusaport put in, it will make administering the chemo much easier on the nurses as well as me. The nurse I talked with about this said I won’t feel a thing even though I will be awake for some of it, I didn’t quite understand but as long as I know who to hit if I feel anything I will be fine.

The doctor still doesn’t know what kind of cancer I have the latest I have is they sent a sample to Washington DC, I hope not the federal government, to see if they can identify the cancer. I do like my doctor, he is an associate professor at the Nebraska Medical School and works in the cancer center there. I am told this is one of the best cancer center in the country. He said I would get the treatments at the VA and if they couldn’t do it there he would get me to where treatment could be administered. I am very fortunate that the Nebraska VA is not involved in the problems some of the others have. So far everyone has been very nice and very helpful, I am sure there are problems here but so far I have not had any big ones. The doctor ordered this port because he said they can begin chemo even if they don’t have a definite diagnosis and that is exactly what I want get something started so we can conquer this thing.

Thank you for all the prayers and positive vibes, you never know how much it means to a person until you are that person. 

Until later.

No comments: