Our Home

Our Home

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Bennington, NE

Sarah and I are no longer classified as full-timers. We closed on our house a week ago last Monday. We unloaded the camper in about four hours; it amazes me how much you can get in a fifth wheel. Of course, like all other full-timers most everything we owned was in our camper. We are keeping the camper and truck to go south this winter. We have begun another chapter in our lives.

We have been living in the house since then as I put the camper and truck into storage. Sarah left me in charge of getting everything out of the camper, I knew I was going to leave items in the basement but I forgot a drawer in the bedroom and all the items underneath the bed. Therefore, we will have to make a trip out there to get those things, maybe. As you could guess we have no furniture for the house we let go of everything we had we when we moved into the camper four years ago. We do have a nice airbed, which we put into service, it isn't too bad but the camper bed was better. So yesterday we went to Nebraska Furniture Mart, this is a huge facility and they have anything and everything for the house. It is comparable to American Warehouse in AZ. We bought furniture for two bedrooms, living room, dining room table and chairs and bar stools. I told Sarah she had a five hundred dollar budget, I bought a wine holder/rack that cost ten dollars, this was the cheapest item we bought. I had no idea furniture was so expensive, but sure do now. We are supposed to get most of our items next Tuesday; the few remaining had to be ordered so they will take a bit longer. It will be nice to have furniture even though I have a nice outdoor chair I am sitting in to read or watch TV.

Last weekend we were in WI for our granddaughter's grandparent's day at school, Madyson is in kindergarten. We had a great time with the kids and even got to watch a baseball game, although it was cold and windy and on Saturday, we saw a soccer game and flag football game. We came home on Sunday with a stop at Carl & Merilee's for lunch and Cynthia's to pick some items she had of ours.

I ordered a TV from Woot.com, it is a refurbished Samsun, it came yesterday so Daniel, Marie and the kids came over and Daniel hooked up the TV and all that went with it. Great picture, now I need a sound system.

Last weekend in WI, we stayed at a Roadway Inn, not very expensive but the room was very clean and the bathroom and shower were spotless. The only difficulty we had was Friday night there were a couple of power outages and my CPAP stopped working. Now those of you who use a CPAP know that if the power goes off, you aren't able to breath, so you are jolted awake. Since it was getting close to getting up I didn't start it up again until Saturday night and it wouldn't work. I cannot sleep without the CPAP so I didn't get much sleep; I even let Sarah do some of the driving coming home on Sunday. I was able to get the CPAP problem solved today at the Omaha VA.

Until Later - Dreams Do Come True

No comments: