Our Home

Our Home

Friday, January 4, 2013

Des Moines 01/04/2013


Sarah’s test at the cardiologist all came back in her favor. She has no noticeable heart problem but to be on the safe side she is wearing a monitor for 30 days. This means she can continue with the chemo treatments and she had her last one of the two drug treatments yesterday and her immune booster shot today. She is feeling good now but by tomorrow the booster shot begins to wear her down along with the chemo drugs and she will be out of action for a few days.

Last Saturday she was feeling able enough to go shopping with Cynthia, they were gone for a few hours, did Sarah good, I watched football and read. I have been reading a lot but I have a bunch of books to read yet.

Monday, Dec 31st, I drove the bus at Illahee Hills. For those of you who don’t know all of our history, we managed Illahee from May 2003 to July 2004 when I got burned out and we moved on to other 
opportunities. Anyway, they needed someone to fill in for the regular driver and so I accepted. I also drove Weds, Thurs, and will drive this afternoon. The pay isn’t great but I don’t do it for the money it is something different and gets me out of Sarah’s hair, well what hair she has left. The drugs are taking their toll on her in that department. She has taken to wearing hats to keep her head warm. She saw one on the TV show Castle that Det Beckett wore in one of the episodes, she wants one like it but can’t seem to find it.

Sarah heard a noise outside and on top of the parking ramp just north of us they were shooting off fireworks. I was local company sponsored fireworks show. We had an eye level view of it. The show lasted about ten minutes, pretty cool.

Tuesday, I did nothing but watch football, neither of the teams I wanted to win did but it was fun watching them. Wednesday I drove for Illahee, actually wasn’t much, I took a guy to the VA. Thursday Sarah had her chemo, the last of the two drug ones. I drove for Illahee again.

Today, Sarah received her immune booster shot and I gave blood at the blood center. I found that 50 years ago the government said I had O neg blood and now the blood center says I have O pos blood. I questioned that and was told the tests are more accurate today. Good thing I didn’t need blood all these years.

I am going to Illahee this afternoon to take some residents over to the sister facility for a Wii tournament. I will have to let you know what that is all about.

We have lots of snow on the ground and cold temperatures but they are calling for a warming trend the next few days, maybe some of the snow will melt, I hope so.

Until later, Dreams Do Come True.

No comments: