Our Home

Our Home

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Mesa Regal RV Resort

This past week we had our hours changed so we could all have Friday off, a nice surprise.
Sarah and Teresa maintain the costume shop and Wednesday was going to be an open house for the activity directors from the nine Cal-Am parks. Steve, Teresa’s husband, and I spent Tuesday afternoon decorating the storage unit.
2011-12-21_10-48-29_992 A terrific job, even if I do say so myself. Sarah and Teresa dressed up in a costume from the shop.
2011-12-21_10-49-11_497Don’t they look great.
We strung lights on the inside also, didn’t get a picture of that but we are leaving them up to add a bit more lighting in the unit. The open house was a great success, Steve and I met one of the activity directors on Thursday, while delivering items to their facility, and she said she picked up a dress at the shop and now doesn’t have to buy one for the event she was going to. Great the shop is paying dividends already.
Thursday night was our weekly happy hour get together for our group, here are some pictures;
2011-12-22_16-19-10_471Our fearless leader, Mikki in the white and black top, she is a great person, very good to work with and for, her memory for where everything is stored is amazing. At any given time items can be in a number or storage units or in any of the nine resorts and she knows where it all is, I have trouble finding where I put my keys.
This is our group, we were in the ball room of the resort. I will try to have individual pictures with names later.
2011-12-22_16-06-05_2302011-12-22_16-06-15_4592011-12-22_16-06-31_9832011-12-22_16-06-37_9332011-12-22_16-15-53_2822011-12-22_16-16-06_4172011-12-22_16-16-19_9802011-12-22_16-16-35_8122011-12-22_16-16-45_702011-12-22_16-17-15_7832011-12-22_16-17-27_2432011-12-22_16-17-32_78
Thursday morning Roy Ertz and his friend Sgt Miller came by to say hi, as you may recall Roy is a cousin from Burlington.
2011-12-22_10-47-44_1212011-12-22_10-48-01_908They were in our area, Sgt Miller, lives on the east side, I believe and Roy wanted to get a picture, we both forgot to do it the last time he was here. We had a short but nice visit, we had to get ready to go to work that afternoon.
My sister Colleen and her husband Darrius invited us over to spend Christmas at their house. So we went over on Friday afternoon and came home Monday morning. Darrius’ sister Debi was there, she works for the federal prison system in Tucson, she is fun to be around and is a jewel of a person who is getting good at Bejeweled the computer game. In fact she had the highest score of any of us over the weekend.
We went to church Saturday evening at Angela, my niece, and Tyler’s church, it isn’t built yet so they meet in the auditorium. 2011-12-24_14-55-18_223You can’t see them very well but I really liked the stain glass windows around the top of the auditorium. After church we went to Angela and Tyler’s for tenderloins. Tyler was the cook and did a masterful job, the entire meal was delicious. Their three daughters were there, Delaney goes to the University of Arizona in Tucson, Kendall and Kylie are juniors in HS, I believe there birthday is this week they will be sixteen. Ah, the joys of being sixteen, I wish I could remember them but I am sure there were some joys in there somewhere. Anyway we had a good time with them.
Sunday morning we got up early and went to Angela and Tyler’s for the gift opening. It was fun to watch the girls open their gifts. The family dog, Ginger, will help open the gifts, it is something to see her hold the box down with one paw while trying to tear the paper off the box, she is actually pretty good at it. The girls received quite a few items from Victoria Secrets, most of the items had the work Pink on them but they were pink but I am told that is the Victoria Secrets color or something like that.
We were invited to go with the kids to the movie to see the new Tom Cruise movie Mission Impossible. It wasn’t too bad, I did enjoy it, although anytime you go to this type movie it is with the realization a lot of the stunts are near impossible for us mortals. It is the first time I can remember Sarah did not have popcorn.
We all went back to Colleen’s after the movie where she prepared hors devours. Darrius prepared a prime rib, not I like prime rib and have had some very good prime rib, at least I thought it was good, but Darrius’ prime rib for Christmas dinner was the best I have ever had, it was done just the way I like it and melted in your mouth. Actually everything was great, Colleen prepare asparagus, cold, with some type of dressing on it, it was very good. To top it all off Debi bought a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake, I love ice cream cake. So I did my best to eat all I could. Oh, Darius did something I thought was delicious. Colleen baked some potato's and then they cut them in half length ways and Darrius put them on the grill so they turn out to be like potato skins, I loved them. We had a great weekend and can’t thank everyone enough for including us in their Christmas.
Now it is back to the campground and we are getting the laundry done, well Sarah is doing the laundry and I am writing this, we work today Wed and Thurs and we are off again on Friday. We are getting together with our fellow workampers on Sunday for a New Years day thing so we have a busy week planned.
Until next time – Dreams Do Come True

No comments: