Our Home

Our Home

Friday, August 2, 2013

Hidden Valley RV Resort, Milton, WI

We arrived here a week ago Weds, this is a very nice park, I think I reviewed it before. It is a bit pricey, I believe, but the park caters to the weekender and a lot of Illinois people. For the price, $799/mon, the Wi-Fi should be free and a lot better than what it is. I paid for a week and had difficulty connecting and the speed was horrible. In fact our IPhones and tablets would not connect. I finally called Millenicom and bought into their hotspot program for 20GB a month. I believe it should do the trick for us.

Baseball, I love baseball and we have seen a lot of it this past week, in fact it began the day we arrived. Mason was playing on three different teams, each a different level, and Madyson was playing on one team. Tournament time was beginning when we arrived, this is the reason we are here at this time, and we have not been disappointed. It is fun to watch the enthusiasm of the kids and to see them grow in the game each time they get on the field. You also see which kids really have no interest in playing baseball, but that is the reason for these leagues, not just to train the kids in the sport but to help all of them decide is this the game for me, it is not for all kids.

I remember when the kids were young, they played in a lot of different sports, the only one not liked was when Robert tried wrestling and quit after one match, it wasn’t his cup of tea. Tiffany tried basketball and volleyball, I don’t remember if she completed a season or not in those sports. Daniel never played basketball, I believe he would have been good at it, he did play football and baseball. Robert played football and baseball also, he also threw the shot in track, I believe. I don’t remember Tiffany or Daniel in track at all.

Back to Mason and Madyson, after many close games Mason won his first championship on Monday night, then on Weds night his other team won their championship. I told him he needed a shelf to put his trophies on and he informed me his other grandpa was making him a shelf to put the trophies on. 1013261_10201620388248699_299224688_n

On Weds night also, Madyson had her championship game, it was a close one going into the fourth inning, they only play four innings, Madyson’s team was ahead by three, I believe. Each team is allowed a maximum of four runs per inning and so Madyson’s would have the last bat since they were the home team. So the top of the fourth the visiting team scored two runs. There were runners on 1st & 2nd, the next batter popped out to the first baseman, he tagged first to get the runner, then he threw to second and got that runner, a triple play to end the game and Madyson’s team won their championship. 1080373_10201619976238399_252864764_n

Mason now plays on his third team, the Bombers, this weekend and I believe it is some type of tournament also. If I understand correctly this is a traveling team, they go to other towns in the area to play baseball mostly on weekends I would assume. I love this time of year. On Monday Mason begins football practice, full pads for 8 year olds. That will be fun to watch.

Other than baseball and visiting with the kids we haven’t been doing much. Jack & Bel, friends from our days in Marshall, came down and we had lunch and a great visit.

I am getting to the end of a good book, “Ike’s Bluff”, it is about Eisenhower’s time as president. I am enjoying the book and since he is the first president I remember in office it is interesting to read about what was going on at the time that I didn’t care anything about. What is really interesting is the shenanigans that went on in Washington at that time and how similar they are to what is going on today.

I saw where my Millenicom device is out for delivery so it is getting to be the time mail is delivered to the office, I best be getting up there to see if my package has arrived.

Dreams Do Come True

No comments: