Our Home

Our Home

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Return to Des Moines

We left Salina, KS about 10 am on Sunday, Mar 27th, and had an uneventful trip to Smith Center, KS. I had been watching the weather and as often happens the snow, sleet and rain they forecasted did not materialize during our trip. We did get a dusting of snow Sunday night with a light covering of ice but all of it was gone by mid morning.

We backed up to one of the bay doors of the Excel service center and unhitched the truck and plugged in the camper. As you may recall from our last visit here the technicians pull the camper into the shop at 6:30 am so I had to have everything buttoned up before then.

I won’t go into all the details of what work was done on the camper, the removing of the old dryer vent and the fiber glassing over the hole was the major issue to be taken care of and Jim, the technician, did a magnificent job of filling in the hole. All the items on my list were taken care of with the same professionalism we experienced in our visit last November. Thank you Jack and your crew.

We left Smith Center last Thursday, yes I know Sarah it was only suppose to be a two day visit and you wanted to get to Omaha to see the grandkids. We had a rainy trip to Omaha but we did finally get to the KOA in Gretna a bit after noon, unhooked, set up the camper and headed for the kids house. Of course our main goal was to see the grandkids, especially Eli to see how big he has become.

Eli 032211This picture rivals any picture I have ever seen taken by a professional photographer. This picture was taken by Eli’s mother Marie, who I believe could be a professional photographer, she is that good.

We had a great visit with the kids. Emily and Isabel are getting big also. Emily reminds me of my grandmother Ertz, because were playing Chutes and Ladders and Emily cheats just like grandma did at cards. It was funny and Isabel copies what Emily did so I didn’t stand a chance of winning, but I had a lot of fun.

I did buy Sarah a Motorola Xoom tablet pc at Costco, it is a neat item but it won’t let you access your gmail contacts in conjunction with gmail so I am going to take it back today and look for an alternative to it. I want Sarah to have something she can easily use and be able to do her emails, web browsing and read her books so we are going searching today.

We are back at Griff’s RV Park in Bondurant, IA on the NE side of Des Moines. We will be here for the month of April and then we are on the road again. We do have a couple of side trips while we are here and I am renting a car for them. A trip to see my mother in Centerville and a trip to Wisconsin to see the grandkids up there. So our only full weekend we spend here in April will be Easter weekend.

As I am writing this I look out the back window and can’t see anything for all the dirt on them. I guess I will have to get out and wash the windows. This week and next are for doctor appointments etc. and some reacquainting with friends.

So until later – Dreams Do Come True

2 comments:

Donna McNicol said...

Thought you might want to check this out: http://www.trickyways.com/2011/03/how-to-set-up-gmail-account-on-motorola-xoom-tablet/

and

http://motorola-xoom-tablet-help.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-to-set-up-gmail-account-on-xoom.html

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are safely back in IA. We are headed that way, should be back there in about a week. A little earlier than planned for family reasons. Hope you have a great visit will be looking forward to hearing about your summer travels.