Our Home

Our Home

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Griff’s RV Park, Altoona, IA

I can see out of the back window, we washed the camper on Wednesday the 5th. It took us about two hours, me using the brush and rinsing and Sarah washed the windows. The only problem we had  was I couldn’t reach high enough on the front of the camper to get all of the bugs off because I only had a four foot ladder, I have since bought an eight foot ladder. The other problem for the day was the wind, I was quite wet when we finished but we got it done and the camper really looks nice.

I took the Motorola Xoom back to Costco for a refund. It didn’t handle the Google email like I wanted it to and Sarah wasn’t liking it for that either, plus it was quite heavy. So I believe I will get an I Pad sometime this summer.

I rented a car for a trip to see my mother in Centerville. We were going to only go down for the day on Thursday but my sister, Colleen from AZ, wanted us to come down on Friday, spend the night at my other sister Tara’s house. So that is what we did and we had a great time.

DSCN1994Paul, Tara’s husband, Tara, me, Colleen and mother, Sarah took the picture.

We all went over to Tara’s Friday night and had pizza and played a game of Sequence. Since there was five of us one sat out while the other played. After a dozen or so games it turned out that Sarah was on the winning team each and every game, best of three. I told her to buy a lottery ticket.

Saturday we took Colleen back to the airport and Sarah’s sister Cynthia met us there. We had lunch and visited a bit. Then it was time to bid adieu to Colleen and we left her at the airport. I haven’t heard from her but I am guessing she got home or her husband would have been calling wanting to know where she was.

Sunday and Monday were breezy days with tornados in the NW part of the state. We had gusts up to 50 mph, it did shake up the camper a bit and I had the satellite dish down, luckily we can get the local channels on our regular TV.

Monday was a day for a couple of appointments, one was a dental appt for me. I was very happy to see my teeth have had no change since the last cleaning.

Tuesday, Sarah had a dental appt in the morning. We killed a bunch of time running errands and then I had an appt at the VA for my CPAP. I wanted to make sure I had the correct mask since I had gotten a new one. I was a bit early but was able to get right in. Larry, the VA person, tested my machine and asked me if I wanted a new one. My machine was 4 or 5 years old and losing some of it’s gusto. I told him sure I would take a new one, it is smaller and fits better by the bed. He asked if I wanted to keep the old machine for a spare because he was just going to throw it away. I said sure and left with two CPAPs. I used the new one last night and I did notice a difference in the performance of the machine. I am glad I went to see about the CPAP/.

Last night we went out to eat with good friends, Norma & Orren. We went to a new Mexican restaurant, well we had never been to it, and the food was very good and the portions were very generous. I don’t remember the name of it but it was good.

Today I took the truck into get the oil changed and a couple of other things checked on it. The dealer said I should get the transmission serviced, the power steering system checked, and the transfer case and differential all serviced, it would total a little over $600 dollars. So I have to make the decision if we want to get this done now or wait a while.

Tomorrow we rented a car and are going to WI to see Robert, Sarah and the kids. I am looking forward to having the kids tell me about their trip to Disney World. That will be fun.

For now, Dreams Do Come True.


Mel said...

Uncle Kenny, I have really enjoyed following you around the country as you have been travelling!! The photo of Paul, Aunt Tara,you, Aunt Colleen, and Grandma is very nice! Everyone is looking good! Love ya! Mel (Jerry's oldest)

Janie and John said...

Ken, John puts the tail gait of the truck down and backs it up to the front of the rig then he just has to stand on my step ladder that I use in the rig to reach the upper cupboards. He hates the bugs on the front cap so he is always washing that part.