Our Home

Our Home

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Bennington, NE 3/24/15

I haven’t posted for a while I guess it has to do with living in a house. We don’t do that much other than see the grand kids here in Omaha and that is always fun.

We did take a trip to Ames to see Tiffany, Matt, Bryon and Alexa in March. Alexa’s birthday was last week and so we wanted to see her. We met them in Ames and had dinner and celebrated Alexa’s birthday. It was good to visit with them.

We also saw and had lunch with the Cairo’s on that same trip. I don’t remember the names of either restaurant but the food was good at both. It is always nice to see family and friends.

Cynthia has been over once or twice since we got home, she does her dance thing and we enjoy having her stay with us.

This past weekend the NCAA tournament was here in Omaha, my brother Larry and wife Kathy came up. He had tickets for Sunday’s games, KU vs Wichita and Wisconsin vs Oregon games, we had a great time and the games were good.

I had my doctor visits, last Wednesday with urology, good results, and oncology yesterday, good results, so I don’t have to see either one until June, YEAH. Thank you Lord for the good test results and thank you family and friends for your thoughts and prayers. Please keep them coming for I know that is what is keeping me going.

Next Monday we are heading east with Carl & Merilee. We are going to Niagara Falls, Gettysburg, Washington, DC, Charleston, SC, Asheville, NC or Savannah, GA, Nashville, TN, Kansas City and home. It should be a lot of fun, I am looking forward to it.

On a sad note we lost another classmate today. Joe Fleming died this morning, he was my age. Our condolences to Patty and his entire family. I have good memories of visiting with Joe and will miss his upbeat emails and sense of humor. Our thoughts and prayers are with you Patty.


That’s all for now. 

No comments: